Fee Structure for the Academic Year 2023-24
RULES FOR PAYMENT OF FEES
- The school fees are collected in advance monthly or quarterly. For monthly payment of fees, the fees should be deposited by the 10th of every month and for quarterly payment by the 10th of April / July/ October & January.
- Fees are to be paid through cheques / Debit Card / Credit Card at the School Fee Counter or through Online Payment. No cash will be accepted.
- Fees are to be paid through cheques / Debit Card / Credit Card at the School Fee Counter or through Online Payment. For online payment please visit the School Website: https://somervillevasundhara.in/ and click on the ONLINE FEE PAYMENT on the Home page. (Top of the Website) No cash will be accepted.
- Transaction charges as applicable will be deducted for the Online Fee Payment.
- Cheques are to be drawn in favour of “Somerville School, Vasundhara Enclave”. Parents are advised to ensure that the name, the class, the admission number of their ward and the mobile number of the parent to be clearly written behind the cheque. If a fee cheque is dishonoured due to insufficient funds, or any other reason, the parent should immediately contact the School Office. In such cases, the fee must be paid by Demand Draft with bank charges of ₹ 300/-. Dishonour of cheques is a criminal offence.
- Annual Charges and Development Fees may be paid in two equal installments in the months of April and October quarters.
- In case a parent fails to deposit the fees by the end of the relevant quarter / month, a late payment amount of ₹ 200/- will be charged. If the fees are not paid by the end of the concerned fee quarter / month, the name of the defaulter shall be struck off the rolls. Fresh admission will then have to be taken (at the sole discretion of the Principal) and in such cases parents will have to pay ₹ 2,000/- (fine) + ₹ 200/- (re-admission fees).
- No tuition fees or bus fees will be refunded by the school authorities even if a student attends class for one day and is subsequently withdrawn from the school. Annual Charges and Development Fee will be refunded proportionately according to the student’s attendance.
- Bus fee is charged for eleven months in an academic year. At least one calendar month’s notice should be given for discontinuation of the bus facility or one month’s bus fees should be deposited in lieu thereof.
- Tuition fee certificates will be issued only annually (in the month of March) on a written
request after clearing all payments. The certificates will be issued from 2.00 to 3.00 pm within two working days after the receipt of the application.
FEE STRUCTURE & OTHER CHARGES FOR THE YEAR 2023 – 2024
Monthly Tuition Fee
|1.||Class Pre Primary||₹ 12,000.00|
|2.||Class I||₹ 12,000.00|
|3.||Class II||₹ 11,500.00|
|4.||Classes III to VI||₹ 11,000.00|
|5.||Classes VII to VIII||₹ 10,300.00|
|6.||Classes IX to XII||₹ 8,400.00|
|7.||Science Fee (For Science Students) (Classes XI & XII)||₹ 700.00|
|8.||Computer Fee (For Computer Students) (Classes XI & XII)||₹ 700.00|
|1.||Annual Charges (Pre Primary to Class V)||₹ 11,000.00|
|2.||Annual Charges (Class VI to VII)||₹ 10,000.00|
|3.||Annual Charges (Class VIII)||₹ 9,500.00|
|4.||Annual Charges (Class IX to XII)||₹ 9,000.00|
|5.||Development Fee (Pre Primary to Class V)||₹ 11,000.00|
|6.||Development Fee (Class VI to VII)||₹ 10,000.00|
|7.||Development Fee (Class VIII)||₹ 9,500.00|
|8.||Development Fee (Classes IX to XII)||₹ 8,500.00|
One Time Payments
|1.||Registration Fees||₹ 25.00|
|2.||Admission Fees||₹ 200.00|
|Sl. No.||Existing Bus Fee Slab
|Amended Bus Fee Slab
|01||₹ 1,200/-||₹ 1,300.00|
|02||₹ 1,400/-||₹ ₹ 1,500.00|
|03||₹ 1,600/-||₹ 1,700.00|
|04||₹ 2,000/-||₹ 2,100.00|
|05||₹ 2,400/-||₹ 2,500.00|
|06||₹ 3,000/-||₹ 3,100.00|
- Parents are requested not to enter school buses to see off and receive their wards.
- Parents should not try to overtake and stop the School bus to facilitate the boarding of their wards as this endangers the safety of the bus and its occupants. This act would lead to strict disciplinary action, including withdrawal of school bus facilities to the concerned student.
- Parents should not argue with the teachers present in the bus or the conductor / driver. If there is any problem, a written complaint should be given to the Principal.
- Under no circumstances are students allowed to go behind or under the parked buses within the school campus. Students are also not allowed to sit in the parked buses during school hours.
- Under no circumstances, should students touch the instrument panel of the buses.
- A student using the school bus is expected to be at the bus stop at least ten minutes before the scheduled arrival of the bus. The student has to be on the correct side of the arriving bus. The scheduled pick-up time is available with the Transport-in-charge at the school office. The school reserves the right to alter the timings, routes and stoppages as and when necessary.
- If any parent whose child is availing school transport service wishes to take their ward privately in his/her own transport, he/she has to submit an application at the school office at least before two hours and collect the Exit Slip from the school authorities at the time of dispersal.
- Students are allowed to use only the allotted bus and bus stop. No change can be allowed without prior written permission of the school.
- If a student misses his / her allotted bus he / she should not try to board any other bus. It is the responsibility of the parents to drop off their wards to the school. However, the student will return by the allotted bus.
- The buses will not wait for latecomers.
- One way transportation is not permitted.
- Students must assemble in their allotted classrooms before proceeding to their respective buses for dispersal.
- No student should sit near the entry door or get up from his/her seat to come near the entry door of the bus until it comes to a complete halt. The front door of the bus is the only authorized entrance and exit. No student is permitted to open or close the door. This is the duty of the bus conductor.
- Boarding and alighting from buses should be done in silence and in an orderly manner.
- All students must occupy their allotted seats immediately after boarding their respective buses.
- No student should travel standing on the footboard.
- Students must not move around in the bus when it is in motion.
- Students must make sure that the aisle of the bus is clear and school bags and other belongings are placed properly under the seats or on the overhead racks.
- Students must not put any part of their body outside the bus. They should not put their hands out even for waving.
- No object should be discarded inside or thrown outside the bus.
- Consumption of edibles is not permitted in the buses.
- Unruly behaviour like shrieking, shouting and playing foul is strictly prohibited. Courteous behaviour is expected at all times.
- The driver’s attention must not be distracted for any reason. The driver shall not use mobile phone while driving. If any urgent call comes from the school, he should stop the bus by the wayside and attend to the same. However the driver should be called only in an emergency, and all other calls from the school should be made to the conductor of the bus.
- The drivers are authorised to stop buses at the designated stops only. The list of stops is prepared keeping in view the convenience and safety of all bus commuters and is always subject to change.
- The bus monitor, appointed by the Bus Incharge, is responsible for maintaining discipline in the bus. Any serious offence must be reported to the teacher on duty immediately. On a day when the teacher is not present the information may be given to the Transport Incharge.
- In case of any change of a temporary or permanent nature in transport pick-up / drop point or transport route, the permission for the same has to be sought by making an application to the Principal. In case of a permanent change of the transport route, the application must be filed along with an administrative charge of ₹ 50/- (Rupees Fifty only) at the School Office.
- Students of classes Nursery to V must be escorted to and from the bus stops by parents or authorised persons. Parents must submit an application with photographs of persons other than themselves, who they authorize to pick-up and drop off their wards. In case no one turns up at the bus stop to receive their ward from the respective bus drop points, the student will be brought back to the school and will be handed over only to persons authorized to collect him/her.
- Parents of students from classes VI – XII must submit an application on the prescribed form stating clearly whether their children are to be permitted to go home unescorted from the bus stop. The form for the above application will be provided by the school. The filling in of this form will be an annual exercise.
- The Monthly Bus Fee for the scheduled route / routes will be as per notification. Fees will be charged for 11 months from January to May and from July to December. A parent, who wishes to withdraw the transport facility is required to give a month’s notice or fees in lieu. A parent who wishes to withdraw the transport facility before the vacations and rejoin after the vacations, will not be given the transport service facility. The amount is payable along with the school fees.
- Children are required to listen and be polite to the conductor and the driver of the bus.
- Parents are requested to note that bus routes and bus stops are planned to suit the convenience of the majority who use the bus, hence routes and stops cannot be extended or changed to suit individual needs.
- Parents are advised not to give gifts or cash for any reason to driver, conductor or bus staff.
- Indiscipline in the school bus, disregard for instructions of Bus Staff or teachers and flouting of any rules outlined above will invite disciplinary action, suspension or withdrawal of bus facility.